Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Unable to file self assessment in personal tax account

I have registered for 2022/23 self assessment without a NI number. Later on I received a letter with my UTR number. Subsequent I applied for a NI number with the same derails. After obtained a NI number, I created a personal tax account using Government Gateway Account. After log in I cannot find anywhere I could file a self assessment. Please advise what can I do in order to file the self assessment online.
  • CGT for property sold to legal partner

My legal partner and I jointly bought a Hong Kong property around 15 years ago. That property had been our main residence during our residence in Hong Kong. During this period, I sold my rights to my partner (i.e. my partner had full ownership after that). We moved to the UK a few years before and my partner let out this property. My partner sold this property recently. - Should the CGT solely reported by my partner, or I still need to share half of the gain? - Other than the cost of initial purchase and disposal of asset, can I deduct the cost (legal fees, stamp duty) of selling my portion to my partner?