Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Request to Register as a UK Taxpayer Without National Insurance Number and UK Address

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to formally request assistance with registering as a UK taxpayer. I currently do not reside in the United Kingdom, nor do I plan to live there in the foreseeable future. However, I plan to have income that I need to declare and pay taxes on in the UK, and I am therefore seeking guidance on how to proceed with registration under these circumstances. Key Details: Residency Status: I am a non-resident of the United Kingdom. National Insurance Number: I do not currently have a UK National Insurance (NI) number. UK Address: I do not have a UK residential address. Despite these factors, I understand that I am still required to register for Self Assessment to fulfill my tax obligations related to income arising in the UK. The process for registering for Self Assessment as a non-resident without a National Insurance number. Any alternative documentation or procedures that I need to follow to ensure that I am correctly registered and compliant with UK tax laws. Guidance on any additional information or forms that I may need to provide given my non-resident status. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide in guiding me through this process. Please let me know if there are any specific forms or additional documentation required for my registration as a UK taxpayer. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.