Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Amending previously submitted forms

Thank you so much for your advice. I have one final question. I didn’t realise that EEA furnished holiday lets are included in the let property campaign and consequently notified HMRC that I wanted to make a worldwide disclosure since that seemed the most appropriate path at the time. I now see that the Let Property Campaign is the correct line to follow, how do I change from one to the other? Can I cancel the worldwide disclosure and re notify HMRC for the Let Property Campaign or can I use the disclosure number I have for the current worldwide disclosure notification on the Let Property campaign? I can still submit within the original 90 day period, I’m not angling for more time or any reason other than it seems more appropriate to use the Let Property Campaign now that I am aware of it and I don’t want to leave loose ends or create any confusion. I would appreciate any feedback. The computers seem to be down at the moment and I can’t get advice elsewhere.
  • Amending previously submitted forms

Hi I believed I had carefully completed my S.A. tax forms completely and correctly to my knowledge over previous years, but I have now been made aware that I should have been filling out the UK property pages for an EEA Furnished holiday let. My first question is: Do I just submit the relevant pages for this omission now or am I expected to resubmit the complete form with these pages along with my previously submitted and paid pages? My second question is: Whilst trying to work out the penalties involved the HMRC tool keeps saying that since I submitted a tax return within the time allowed there are no penalties. Is this correct or are there penalties not accounted for by the tool. My third question is: On discovering my misunderstanding I contacted HMRC and explained my situation. I was put through to the tax mechanics (I believe they are called) who advised me that I should make a world wide declaration and go back 6 years. I have since seen a comment on a forum that suggested that this was inaccurate and that it should be longer. Could you please advise how far back my declaration should go for an EEA furnished holiday let. Thanks in advance