Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: self assessment for status leave UK

Dear Officers Thanks for your reply. I completed the form P85, but it just asked my date of leave UK and some tax related information but no supporting document for left UK is required to provide. What should I do now? Many thanks John
  • self assessment for status leave UK

Dear Officers I left UK (or EU) last tax year. However, I remembered that there was no Boarding Officer or System recorded my leave. How do I claim or proof for my status of not stay in UK? Many thanks John
  • Self-assessment overseas income

Hi Officer I livied in British for over 270 days and earned local salary for tax year 2022/2023. In addition, I also gained overseas income for over GBP2,000. For tax year 2021/2022, I used Paper form [SA102 and SA106] to report the overseas income. Recently, I received a letter from HMRC and requested me to submit the self-assessment by electronic form unless a special reason provided. I login my tax account and tried to file a return. However, i found a description: "foreign income Help about: Welcome Page 08 - Foreign income If your only foreign income was either or both: untaxed foreign interest received, up to £2,000 foreign dividends, up to £2,000" Captioned information is at: https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/self-assessment-file/2223/ind/2794870770/return/welcome#you-can-use-this-service So, can I use electronic form to report/file my tax return? If yes, can you send me a hyper-link for file a return? If no, what are the forms I need to use? Many thanks John