Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Living in Spain and working remotely for UK based company

Hi HMRC team, I will be relocating to Spain in a couple of months as well and am hoping to stay employed via my employer's UK entity (they do not have a Spanish branch). I looked at the 'Travel to Spain for work' page you shared previously but can't see the content I am looking for: I am an EU (and British) citizen and will not require a work visa. Please can you help me understand: - if I can stay employed via my employer's UK entity if I fill out the P85? - if I will have to file a self assessment every year to claim back the paid tax and NI paid? Or will my employer have to start paying me my full salary (pre tax and NI deductions)? - if there are any other tax / contributions I will need to pay in the UK (I will not own a property here once we leave but will still have a pension fund and an ISA here)? - if I will then need to file a yearly tax return in Spain to pay all taxes and NI (equivalent) to the Spanish gov? If you happen to have the Spanish website with info on this, please do share. Many thanks in advance for your advice! C