Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: DPNI Scheme and Pension

Hi Admin 10, thanks for the info.
  • RE: Tax relief on pension payments

Fill out a tax return for the years in question, that will trigger the refund / recalculation.
  • DPNI Scheme and Pension

Hi, I have had a DPNI scheme set up as my employer is overseas. When the scheme is set up I assume that HMRC send the details of the new employer to TPR so that TPR can contact the employer with the letter code and duties date. So, my first question is : Under the DPNI scheme who is the employer? Me, as the PAYE reference and Accounts office reference, and my personal HMRC portal shows me as my employer, or. the overseas company who actually are my employer? Second questions : If it is me who is the employer notified to TPR then do I need to set up a workplace pension, even though I am not actually my employer and I already have a private pension. Just for your info I contacted HMRC and TPR about this and they had no idea how to handle this issue, and could not advise me what I should do regarding pension obligations of my real employer or my DPNI based employer. Any help would be great. Also, my payments shall come from my overseas employer direct to me, including Er pension contributions and my Ee pensions contributions taken as salary sacrifice. My private pension provider told me that they could not accept payments from a personal bank account without applying tax relief. So this is a problem as Ee and Er will not be eligible for tax relief. Does anyone know what to do in this situation. HMRC and TPR had no idea.