Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Director's loans - principal and interest

Hi After reading, Director's loans, https://www.gov.uk/directors-loans/you-owe-your-company-money I will lend money to my SPV BTL company via the Director's Loan Account. There are several questions seeking your advice. 1) Can I assume there will be no income tax when the company return this money back to me – no matter as a whole, or portion by portion over years? I would charge company interest, and company will treat this as its expense. 2) Can I further lend this interest to the company without influence my current income tax? Many thanks! 

Name removed admin .
  • Mortgage interest considered as financial cost

Hi HMRC I remortgage my current living property (House A, currently moregage free) to release the equity to buy a flat (Flat B) to rent out, rather than taking a buy-to-let mortgage on Flat B directly. 1) In this case, can I still claim tax relief from the mortgage interest from House A - as this morgage is solely used to finace Flat B? If it is acceptable, do I need to proof the mortgage from House A is used for Flat B and how can we proof that? 2) is there any limit regarding how much mortgage interest can be claimed - certainly it will be less than the interested paid to lender. As the borrowed money can be over the normal btl mortgage's ltv band 75%. Many thanks Alex