Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: BIK vs Salary Sacrifice Benefit

Thank you. So do I still need to pay tax on my EV then? As the P11d is stating £1000 for my EV, or is this part of a tax saving
  • RE: BIK vs Salary Sacrifice Benefit

So why would anybody use these salary sacrifice benefits if they cost more in the long run. It was not explained to me that I'd get a P11d at the end of the year and have to pay more for these benefits. This makes no sense. I'm paying for a slightly discounted Dental and Gym membership that my work are not contributing towards... how is this a BIK?
  • BIK vs Salary Sacrifice Benefit

Hi all, I've recently received a P11D from my old employer with a lot of "taxable" claims and wanted to find out if this is right or wrong (I believe it to be wrong). I signed up for salary sacrifice benefits that are payrolled and deducted from my monthly salary. These have all been included in the P11D... but why? Example payslip Dental -30.00 GymFlex -80.00 Sal Sac Car -1000.00 My take home GROSS salary is reduced by £1,110.00 every month and I am taxed/NI on the remaining amount. If I have to pay the P11D, then I'd be paying more for Dental and Gym then I would normally going directly to them!! This seems wrong My employer makes NO contribution to these benefits. HMRC have asked me to speak to my employer to find out the cost to them for each benefit... Any help would be greatly appreciated