Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Applying for a Tax Refund

Hi Team, I am trying to apply for a tax refund for the FY22-23, and have not received the tax refund yet. Here is a summary of my current tax account state, as it would be helpful to understand my scenario, and provide suggestions - * I had an old National Insurance (NI) number, which belonged to someone else, with my same first name/last name. My employer had issued a P60 under the old National Insurance number. * I had applied for a new National Insurance number, once I let HMRC know that it belonged to a different person. I received a mail from HMRC to fillup a form for applying for a new NI number. I got the new NI number from HMRC. * I used Vialto to file taxes on my behalf, and they helped me prepare the tax filing. On submitting the filing, I am due for a tax refund from HMRC. They had used my previous NI number to file the tax, even though I had let them know about my situation(of having two NI numbers). At this point of time, contacting HMRC has always either told me - (1) your tax refund would be processed(during December) (2) we don't have any idea if you're due for a tax refund. As the tax refund is a substantial amount, I have been quite stressed out in getting a response from HMRC/figuring out next steps. Can I get some assistance on this matter? Thanks! However, since I