Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

    Hi I will be a tax resident after23th January. And I have some questions. 1) I have some cash and gold keep at my oversea house which my relative live in there. We do not receive rent from them. I am deciding transfer these to money and put them in my UK account. How can I prove these money is what i earn before I become tax resident? Any tax raise at this situation and should I do it before I became a tax resident? 2) I have some money saved at my oversea account. If I keep them at my oversea account and not transfer in Uk, will there any tax raise? And If I transfer them into my UK account some years later, will there any Tax? Thanks.