Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Ill health early retirement pension overpayment

My wife has had to take ill health early retirement from school due to a progressive/degenerative illness, teh west yorkshire pension fund made her next 7 years patments up in one go to ensure she would get paid her full mothly pension which has led to an over payment into her pension of 21,000 pounds, the pension fund have told her she needs to contact hmrc to ofsett the amount aginst teh previous year as she has enough entitlement from teh previous year to cover teh ful 21,000. My wife struggles with finaancials and maths now and when she rang hmrc before they thought she was ringign about an overpayment of income tax rather tham a pension payment, The company i work fors accountant has said she just needs to get a forma nd fill it in to offset teh over payment against a previous year, i therefore need to know which form i need to request and help her fill in.
  • RE: Overpaid into pension

Hi My wife is in a similar situation shes retired early due to ill health, she worked at a school so theyveput teh next 7 years of payments in in one lump so she can get her pension early, this takes her over the yearly amount she can pay in but shes got plenty of allowance int eh previous 3 years, the pension fund said she needs to get a form from inland revenue to fill in but the person she spoke to previously sent her out a form as if shed paid too much income tax not the pension payments, can you tell me the form number i need to request to offset teh current years pension payment excess against previous years