Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Self Assessment - Foreign Income/dividends

As I hold Exchange Traded Funds many of them are located in Ireland or other foreign companies. I therefore receive income from these ETFs and it is either called overseas income or foreign dividends. When I put the money received £1212 (total) in the foreign dividend box it says in red at top of the page "Make Sure you have put in the amount of foreign dividends correctly ". Help please.What am I doing wrong ? I have checked all my overseas ETF payments etc and the amount is correct.Thanks 
  • Property Income Distribution on Self Assessent Form

I have received my tax certificate from Hargreaves Lansdown showing Property Income Distrbutions. I received a payment in October and December 2021.THe payment is from LXI Real Estate Investment Trust(REIT ). The dividend paid was £427.66 and the income tax was £106.92. Where, if anywhere do I put this on the self assessment tax form? Hargreaves says "the amounts shown in the dividend paid and income tax boxes should be shown separately". Do I lump the income distribution with " normal " UK dividends ? Thanks