Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Property

Hi One jointly owned property with his/her parents in the 2022/23 financial year which was rented out to tenants, however for personal reasons an individual was removed from the deed in mid-September. Since then the two remaining individuals have co-owned the property. For taxable rental income, is it correct to 1) Divide all income in the financial year by 3, or 2) Divide the income before mid-September by 3, but any income after that is divided by 2 due to the reduction of owners? For expenses, is it also correct to 1) Divide all expenses in the financial year by 3, or 2) Divide the expenses before mid-September by 3, but any expenses after that are divided by 2 due to the reduction of owners? The written guidance on this is unclear, so your expertise would be greatly appreciated.
  • Moving Cash ISAs

Hello If you have deposited money in this financial year into a Cash ISA opened in previous financial years, can you still move part of, or the full amount to a flexible Cash ISA by a different provider? I've read the guidance and the advice is not clear on this. Your expertise would be much appreciated. Many thanks.
  • Limit on transferring ISAs

Hi Is there a limit on how many times you can transfer ISAs in a financial year? Whether it's Cash ISA to Cash ISA or Cash ISA to Stocks & Shares ISA or vice versa? I've read the guidance and the advice is not clear on this. Your expertise would be much appreciated.
  • Opening new flexible Cash ISA

Hello Can you open and deposit money into a new flexible Cash ISA if you've already deposited some money into a Cash ISA you've opened in previous tax years? I've read the guidance and the advice is not clear on this, so your expertise would be much appreciated.
  • Transfer money between Flexible Cash ISA and Flexible Stocks & Shares ISA with same provider.

Hello Can you transfer money between Flexible Cash ISA and Flexible Stocks & Shares ISA with the same provider/bank without affecting your allowance? I've read the guidance and there's no answer on this, so your expertise would be much appreciated.
  • Flexible Cash and Stocks & Shares ISA with the same provider

Hello If you've opened a Cash ISA in Bank A in previous tax years, and in this tax year paid £5000 into the account. And you've opened a Flexible Stocks & Shares ISA with Bank B, and paid £15,000 into the account, Now you've opened a Flexible Cash ISA with Bank B, and want to move money between the 2 flexible ISA accounts in Bank B as required (without depositing any outside funds into either ISA accounts). Would this be compatible with the current regulations as the 2 ISAs are flexible? Many thanks in advance for your help.