Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Self Assessment and Split Year

    Hi, I relocated to the UK in Dec 2022. During the period from Dec 2022 to Apr 2023, I had some interest income from savings accounts in Hong Kong and some income from investments in Hong Kong. The total amount was less than £10,000. There was no other income during the period. Do I need to register for self assessment to obtain a UTR number to submit a tax return for the year 2022-2023? Do I need to apply for split year treatment?