Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Updating Phone Number

I have been attempting to establish contact with HMRC for a duration of six months. Despite my daily phone calls, I have not received a response. I have exhausted all available digital assistant options in my pursuit for assistance. I kindly request guidance on how to update my information, as I am currently facing penalties due to the absence of a self-assessment. Unfortunately, I am unable to access the necessary information to rectify this situation, as the password reset requires a phone that has been stolen. Consequently, I am unable to fulfill my self-assessment payment obligations. I have promptly paid the initial fine imposed by HMRC, which was swiftly processed. However, I am now facing the prospect of further penalties, despite my attempts to reach out. Upon dialing the number provided in the threatening letter, I discovered that your office is closed until the 4th of September. Furthermore, I took the liberty of composing a letter outlining my predicament, but I have not received any acknowledgment of its receipt or a response to its content. I humbly request the assistance of an individual capable of addressing my concerns. Should I seek guidance from Citizens Advice in this matter?