Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Foreign Currency involved - How to report business tax without an accountant.

I am the director and only employee in the LTD company, I am preparing the tax report for the first accounting year. The company receive customer's money mainly in USD and the company paid for service sometime in USD or GBP, so it have both currency bank accounts. When I was submitting the questionaire before using HMRC tax report service, there comes a question: ""Tell us if you need to report any of these in your accounts We need to know about any: foreign currency transactions - where the company was paid, or the company paid someone else, in a currency other than pounds."" In my company case, I shall say yes and it turns to a page to ask me using 3rd party software to file the tax instead. I use Xero software to record business transaction but it does not include tax reporting. (Xero Tax) I need to hire their accountant partner to do that. It is a Micro-entity and the company only made 3 hundred pounds in the first year so could be afford an accountant which is nearly GBP1,800 yearly. Is it a must to hire an accounting who is approved to do tax reporting to HMRC? or I could still file the tax reporting myself without hire an accountant?If so, how? Thank you so much!