Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Should I report the tax

    Hello I entered the UK from Hong Kong with BNO VISA on 16/6/2022, and received a salary of HKD 74,000 from my former Hong Kong employer from 29/4/2022 to 30/8/2022. And I didn't have any local work income or investment during my stay in the UK. I would like to ask if I still need to file a tax return to the UK for the 22/23 year?
  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

    Dear HMRC, I am a tax paying BNO visa holder and living in UK now. My father is a citizen of Hong Kong and HKSAR passport. If he transfers £70,000 to my bank account as a gift. Do I have to declare this gift and pay any tax on it? Many Thanks.