Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Macau Wealth Partaking Scheme

Hi, I'd like to enquire if the money received from Macau Wealth Partaking Scheme has to be taxed. This is a cash disbursement policy to holders of a Macau Resident Identity Card by the Macau Special Administrative Region since 2008. In the course of implemention individual permanent resident and non-permanent resident received MOP 10,000 (1 Macanese Pataca equals to 0.095 pound sterling) and MOP 6,000 respectively in 2024. Thanks and best, Pauline
  • Tax rate for giving money to sister living overseas

Hi, I would like to know the tax rate for giving a lump sum of money exceeding $3000 pounds as gift to my sister living overseas, Her husband is hospitalized requiring the money to attend an urgent medical operation. Thanks, 

Name removed admin .
  • Money of my mother brought to UK

My mother has transferred some money to my UK bank account before emigrating to UK with me. I have kept all the bank-in slip and related transaction information certifying that the money belongs to her. Now she would like to open a bank account in UK and have all the money tentatively kept in my bank account transferring back to her under her name. Would the bank accept the arrangement to have the money in my bank account transferring back to a new account under her name? Would there be any tax imposed on my mother for the money that I transferred to her, yet the money is actually her possession. Pauline Thanks,