Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Cannot confirm identity as the information does not match our records for Self-Employment

After I register for Self-Employment on 31 Jan 2024, I receive an email from noreply@notifications.hmrc.gov.uk on 1 Feb 2024 as below. "Thank you for your form regarding your Self-Employment status. Unfortunately we cannot confirm your identity as the information you gave us does not match our records. Therefore, we cannot deal with your form. Please visit the GOV.UK website and search "tell HMRC about a change" to update your personal details. Please allow sufficient time for your account to be updated before you re-submit your application regarding your Self-Employment status. It can take a little time for your details to be updated, should you need any information on this please contact 0300 200 3505." I checked all details are correct and don't know which records are incorrect. I tried to contact 0300 200 3505 before, but he told me to re-submit again after a few days. I can access my account but don't know how to re-submit. but I still don't know what can I do as the records are correct and still cannot receive the UTR until now, please advise what can I do.