Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Self Assessment Refund

I am following up since May 2021 for my refund and i could not able to reach out right place and right person. Even though i had submitted my surf-2 documents way back in the month of August 2021 the reply i am getting in the chat is six weeks time frame. Every time i chat i get new time frame or request for submission of new document some time. As i stay out of UK it will be very costly to call the help desk. I am totally frustrated with the chat replies provided by the advisors. Can any one help me to get out of this mess and actions need to take to get my refund back. Thanks
  • RE: Self Assessment Refund

I am following with the team since May 2021 regarding my refund and team keep on changing the dates . There was tax over paid of £2500 odd as per the claim made by me and was acknowledge by your team on the month of May 2021. When i connected again they are telling they was no amount of overpaid tax as per new calculation. How can that there be change in the calculation. Something strange regarding this. I would like to appeal for the same. Please guide me what is process of the same.
  • RE: Self Assessment Refund

This is means again this date can be extended? In that case i can't expect the refund earlier down the line? I am confused and puzzled. Can give more clarification and weather this refund will happen if so what will be the dead line?
  • Self Assessment Refund

I had submitted my return on 19th May 2021 for the AY pertaining to 2020-21. I did not get the refund still. In the month of June 2021 when i connected with HMRC through web chat they said A repayment can take 10 working days from the date of issue if made by BACS payment Some repayments are selected for security checks If selected we aim to complete these checks within 6 weeks. Since then they said After one week i connected with the web chat. The following reply was given can see that we have just sent a letter out to you which you should receive within the next 3-4weeks you will need to respond to this in full in order for us to process your repayment. This letter never reached me. The letter was reissued on 16 August to my known address UK and the letter which sent to me by by friend which was reached me with in one week. I had replied back the letter on. Again i connect with the HMRC web chat i got the following reply OK. I can see your repayment is under going additional checks and as part of those checks a letter was issued to you which you have kindly replied to. We received your reply on the 14September 2021 and it is in there payment security team mail queue waiting to be reviewed. Currently there payment security team have a backlog of cases totally 12 weeks ;based on when we received your reply the repayment security team should get in contact with you by the end of 7December 2021 Still i am in puzzle weather my case will be dealt on the given dead line and refund will be processed? It is almost all 8 months waiting time for the refund. Please guide how this issue can be closed?

[Email address removed - Admin]