Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Split Year and Double Tax

    Dear HMRC, I have a BNO visa and arrived in UK on 7 Jul 2023. Starting 1 Jul 2023, I will be working from home in the UK as a consultant for a company in Hong Kong after terminating my employment on 30 Jun 2023 and I am currently working from home in the UK for some freelance job from Hong Kong. I would like to ask the following questions: 1) If I qualify for split year, I should only report any foreign income for the UK part (for the period from 7 Jul 2023 to 5 Apr 2024) of the year? 2) I need to submit forms SA100, SA103S, SA106 & SA109 for my Hong Kong consultancy fee income and freelance work. 3) I have made payment for the tax and provisional tax to Inland Revenue in Hong Kong. What is the form I should use to report the double tax? Thank you for your attention.