Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Payment after P45 & No P11D

    I have been notified about needing to complete a self assessment for the first time, I think because I received a redundancy payment, and have two questions. The first is around what I put on the employment section. It asks for information from my P45, which I received in February, but I then received a bonus payment in March so after the P45 but still in the same tax year. How do I report that? The second is around taxable benefits. In my previous employment I received private health insurance, but they never issued a P11D (I worked for them for 19 years and never received one), I believe this is because they deducted tax for this at source. I've tried to find someone to contact but have drawn a blank, so I have no information on what to enter in that section. I've also checked with several of my former colleagues and none of them have ever received a P11D from the company. Does anyone have any ideas what I should do in this section?