Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Double Taxation Delays

If they recieved your form in March this year, you should hear something this month, (November) based on my experience.

Well, they owe me from (an arbitrary date) 7th Nov 2019... Letter says "go online and claim in for a BACS return or wait 45 days and we'll send you a cheque"... Tried the 'Claim it by BACS' idea but my personal tax page hasn't been updated so it looks like I'll be waiting until New Year. I shall check weekly to see if they EVER do update it.... Congrats on getting yours. Now I've got to do the wifes too since she was stopped a huge chunk on her payouts that we hadn't really considered.

Well! Wonder of wonders….. They’ve only gone a done it, whilst still denying I put in a form! Haha. Got an email today, code change blah blah… check it out and NT is now my code. All we need now is four and a half years of tax deductions returned.

I did indeed. Still have it on my phone. Not that they give a hoot. …..

I’m delighted for you. They’ve dealt with mine by throwing it away and now deny I ever put one in. Am I surprised? No.

May I remind you of your recent reply? "To progress chase your request, you will need to use our webchat service, as we have temporarily closed our telephone helpline. This will allow more staff to work on reducing the backlog." So WHY tell us to contact a Helpline that's CLOSED??

No man. Not a hope. If you go to the "Chat Service", they'll tell you to use the Helpline, which is closed and an automated message tells you to use the chat service.... and on and on, ad infinitum. They gave me a number to ring, as "You're abroad"... It has a delay of several hours and again, tells you you need to use the chat service... etc, etc. etc! They're utterly useless and take great pride in making it impossible for us to get our taxes refunded. If you DO ever get anything, let me know eh? I'll do the same from my end. Until then... Good Luck.
  • Double Taxation Delays

Hi folks. I am a UK citizen living permanently abroad in Spain. In February this year you received my application for Double Taxation relief. Received Feb 20th. Still awaiting a reply/resolution. Any idea how long this is likely to take?