Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Self Assessment Threshold Change: How does this effect tax payments?

Thank you for this response. And should one earn between £100,000 and £150,000 under PAYE and underpay by OVER £3000, what is the necessary procedure then? Cheers.
  • Self Assessment Threshold Change: How does this effect tax payments?

Hey all, So it’s came to my attention that taxpayers whose only income is taxed under PAYE, and who earn between £100,000 and £150,000, will be removed from self assessment. I will earn around £110,000 this year (exclusively through PAYE), meaning I will no longer be required to fill a self assessment. However, since I lose a portion of my personal allowance this year for being over £100,000, I will have a tax bill to pay over £1000. - How do you pay a tax bill if you’re not expected to file a tax return? Will this be adjusted for automatically in my PAYE after the P60 is released in a few weeks? - If your tax bill is more than £1,000, you generally need to make ‘payments on account’ - these are advance payments towards the following year’s tax bill - so I am wondering if this can be avoided now, since I hope I can keep all my future tax payments within PAYE?