Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Self assessment submission - foreign income, rental income and interest income

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • Self assessment submission - foreign income, rental income and interest income

Hi, I landed in UK in May 2023 and need to file self assessment after check the HMRC online. For 2023/24, I had: (a) employment income from UK jobs which has been registered under PAYE and paid respective UK tax (b) employment income from 2 jobs overseas (c) interest income from UK bank account (d) interest income from oversea bank accounts (e) rental income from property in UK I have the following questions about filing self assessment submission in respect of the above income: 1. I note that there is no online form of SA109 to claim split year treatment. Can I submit the all forms online and SA109 in paper form? If I can file both online and paper forms, is the deadline still 31 Oct 2024? 2. If i have submit the paper form of all forms, do I need to submit the SA102 for each income from UK employment although the tax has been paid under PAYE? 3. For employment income earned from overseas, should I submit SA102? But there is no P45 or P60 for overseas income. And I just need to fill the gross amount for all income from 2 overseas employment on SA102? or I need to fill 2 SA102 as I have 2 overseas jobs ? 4. The interest and dividend generated in UK is less than £10,000 (as stated in self assessment check). Do I still need to report on SA100? 5. The rental income from UK property is less than £10,000 gross and less than £2,500 net. Do I still need to report the rental income on SA105? Thanks.
  • Questions about non resident landlord form

Hi, There is an question when I fill the form for non-UK resident landlord: "Date you plan to leave the UK For example 20/03/2016. Send this form to us when you are within 3 months of leaving the UK." Currently I am living in UK but I did NOT live in UK for the year 2022/2023. I do not have plan to leave the UK this year. So what date I should fill in? Thanks.