Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Temporarily working from Spain for UK company

Thank you for the reply. I think I'm clear on what i have to do for National Insurance but I'm still not quite sure if I need to report to HMRC and if there are any income tax implications? https://www.gov.uk/tax-right-retire-abroad-return-to-uk The above article states that "You must tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if any of the following apply, you’re: leaving the UK to live abroad permanently" or "going to work abroad full-time (including for a UK-based employer) for at least one full tax year". However, I'm planning to move to Spain for only 6 months. Will my employer just continue to pay income tax as if I were still in the UK? Many thanks Oliver
  • Temporarily working from Spain for UK company

Hi all, I work for a UK-based company and pay income tax and NI in the UK. I hold a German passport but have residency in the UK. I am planning on moving to Spain for around 6 months and to work remotely for my current UK-based employer. I have some questions about taxation: Can my employer continue to pay my salary into my UK bank account and deduct income tax and NI like they have been doing? Will there be any tax implications for my current employer? Will I have to pay tax or NI in Spain? Will I have to file a tax return? Many thanks. Oliver