Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Bank interest

Hi I thought the banks would inform the HMRC so haven't even done a thing , but suspect now that I should owe something for 23/24 as interest rates were high. Interest not over 10,000, . I am state pensioner with very small con /out pension. Do I need to speak to HMRC, really worried they may think I am hiding something. I am happy to pay what I owe, if anything Thanks
  • Tax refunds

Hi I retired last July 23. My tax code didn't seem right , as I only had a few months of the tax yr 23/24, and earned just over 600, but paid tax 98. Will HMRC check at the after April 24 for any discrepancy and make refund, or is it up to me. Thanks
  • RE: Retired Tax

Thanks. Hubby is looking confused.
  • RE: Retired Tax

Thank you that has really helped me understand. I hope it helps others to . Thanks again.
  • Retired Tax

Hi why have HMRC used a full years SP when I will not be receiving it in this my first year of retirement. I will receive at least 2000 pounds less than a full pension. Thanks
  • RE: Retiring this year

Hi thank you. Will I see a list of bank interest details to check them . Thankyou
  • Retiring this year

Hi retiring end June so wondering how things will work Have got a very small GMP 1214 per year and full SP but obviously not a full year 23/24. Working until I retire. Will HMRC get the info or will I need to inform them also some interest from savings but under 1000PTA. Thank you.