Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Capital Gain Tax - Listed shares and securities

    Hi I'm trying to fill in my SA 108 and need some help. I disposals two different shares in the tax 21-22 year. One of the shares was approximately £4k in gains and the other one was approximately £7k in losses for the tax year 21-22 from share sales. Since the gain was below my annual exempt amount, I do not need to use the loss to offset my £4k gain. My question is do I still need to report the loss at SA108 Box27 in the tax 21-22 year? In Box 23 (number of disposals), I need to fill in 1 or 2 if I don't used the loss to offset this years gains? Or I still need to report this year's loss even I want to carried forward all the loss this year? Thanks in advance.
  • Private Residence Relief

    After work out tax relief tool in the HMRC website, I am entitled to full Private Residence Relief. Is this mean I am not necessary to fill in any form to report this sales, even my nominated home is in the overseas?
  • self-assessment / split year

    I know that SA109 need to submit by post or commercial software only. If I submit SA109 by post, can I submitted other self-assessment forms, such as SA100 and SA106, through online?