Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Working from home rebate

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I've already applied for this, but it only states 2021-2022 and I want to apply for 2020-2021. How would I claim for this year? Thanks in advance,
  • Working from home rebate

Hello, I am very confused about claiming back the working from home allowance for 2020 - 2021. I've sent a form saying I no longer have to do a self assessment for 2020 - 2021 because I lost my self employed work thanks to the pandemic (no government support). I've heard nothing back (it's been a month) so I don't knows what's going on with that. I've logged into the government gateway and filled out a form to get my tax adjusted for this tax year regarding the working from home allowance, but can find nothing to claim back for 2020 - 2021 and can't do it through self assessment as I'm no longer self employed. Any link for claiming back a rebate for 2020 - 2021 would be greatly appreciated.
  • Still waiting for communication from HRMC

Hi, I posted a few weeks ago about how I completed the form to state I was no longer self employed. I was told I would receive a letter to confirm I had been noted as no longer self employed. A month or so after completing the form, I'm still getting emails asking me to complete a self assessment form by the deadline. I have no receipt of having sent the form, and have had no communication from HMRC. Will HMRC send me a letter to confirm receipt of the form - and if so, how long should it take? I'm stressed thinking they may still expect a self assessment from me. I have no way of proving I sent the form as it doesn't provide any kind of email etc to confirm. Many thanks in advance.