Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• CGT on 2 inherited property transfers

I and a distant relative are transferring our ownership of 2 properties we have inherited to each other so we have 100% of a property each. He will take full share of one property and I will take full share of the other property. They are of roughly equal value but there may pay a £10000 difference in one. Do we pay our own CGT on the properties we take on 100% from inherited price to price now or for CGT on both?
  • RE: Tenants in common: change of percentage and form 17

Hi, I own a BTL property as joint tenants with my wife 50/50%. We plan to share the income 50/50 on our SA Tax Assessment. If on a particular year my wife or I earn more or less than the other person, can we allocate the rent as 30/70% for example? If this scenario happens towards the end of the tax year do we need to fill in a form 17? Or can we just show on bank statements that we split it and took 30/70%? Kind Regards
  • RE: Gifting Property

Gifting rental property and income to son. I have had a rental property for 5 years that I get the income from (no mortgage). My son has just turned 18 and I want to gift him the property and he will also take over the running of the rental property and keep the income for himself until he is ready to move into it. Will I have to pay CGT as I am gifting him the property and all future income? If he decides not to move into it and sell it in a few years time will he pay CGT from now or from when I bought it 5 years ago? Many Thanks