Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Paid Voluntary NI contribution - Pension Forecast online has still not been updated?

I was £15.00 short on my 54 years of contributions, so I was informed that my pension would be approx £5.00 short of the full new sum of £179.60, I have since paid the missing £15.00, back in October, to ensure that when my pension payments start in December, I would receive the full entitlement, I called them today, 9th November, they informed me that it can take eight weeks for the back payment, to be updated to my pension account, if it takes what appears to be a long time for pension payments to be updated, is interest paid on the back dated amount once it is finally paid out, and if not paid when my pension starts in December? I know this is not a great deal, but something needs to be done in order to get things moving for all, I work with incoming payments for my company, and payments are updated daily, I understand that the payments coming into HMRC etc, would be great in volume, but there should be a process to post identifiable payments straight away, I understand that there would be staff shortage issues following Covid though, but interested to see what is being done to clear the backlog of pensions being held up etc?