Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Moved abroad and seeking advice on form SA109

Thank you. I will keep that in mind for the future. Are you able to please provide guidance on my second question on the second post; resharing below. For the third automatic overseas test requirement (question 7), for the question 'the individual spends less than 91 days in the UK in the relevant year' is the relevant year, part of the year where I was living abroad or the whole tax year?
  • RE: Split year treatment

Hi, I have moved to the UAE for work at the end of Dec 2023. My only income in the UK moving forward is rental income from my house. I believe I fall into the Split year Case 1 category. I generally do a self assessment tax return and have accordingly submitted a self assessment for tax year 2023/2024 online and have mentioned this situation in the free text. However, since then I understand that I need to also send the form SA109 by post. A few questions based on this; 1. Can I send this via post now? and if so, whats the postal address, as I cannot find it on the form. 2. I was on holiday from 24th Dec 2023 to 21nd Jan 2024 outside of UK, before I started employment in UAE. Does my reference period start from 24th Dec or 22nd Jan? And if the former, would I include those 28 days as part of my 'gap between employments?' 3. I am confused about whether I qualify for the third automatic overseas test as asked in the form. I am particularly confused about the statement that says relevant tax year (i.e. the individual spends less than 91 days in the UK in the relevant year). In this case is the relevant tax year, the part of the year where I was working in UAE? Thanks
  • RE: Moved abroad and seeking advice on form SA109

i also have two additional questions on form SA109. 1. What is the postal address I need to send the filled out form to? 2. For the third automatic overseas test requirement (question 7), for the question 'the individual spends less than 91 days in the UK in the relevant year' is the relevant year, part of the year where I was living abroad?
  • Moved abroad and seeking advice on form SA109

Hi, I have moved to the UAE for work at the end of Dec 2023. My only income in the UK moving forward is rental income from my house. I believe I fall into the Split year Case 1 category. I generally do a self assessment tax return and have accordingly submitted a self assessment for tax year 2023/2024 online and have mentioned this situation in the free text. However, I understand that I need to also send the form SA109 by post. Is this something I now additionally fill out and post (in addition to the already submitted self assessment tax return online)? Thanks