Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Dividend declaration - nett of fees - clarification on eligible fees for deduction

When I declare dividends paid I am aware I can declare nett of the fees incurred in earning these dividends, (from an earlier forum response as shown below). My platform fees are documented in 2 elements 1. Platform service fees which I believe are straightforward and can be deducted but also as Product Costs : Ongoing Charges which are charged within the investment products you are invested in and separate specific transaction charges . Can you please confirm that these fees can also be deducted prior to declaration of nett dividends. Thank you in advance. Should I report income on dividend/mutual fund/bonds before or after the fees and commissions charged by the brokers? For capital gain and loss on disposal of shares and bonds, should I deduct expenses (brokers' fees and commission, stamp duties etc.) from the gain and add expenses to the loss? Thanks Posted about a year ago by HMRC Admin 10 Response Hi Yes. Thankyou.