Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: AirBnB rental income

Hi Bella, thank you for your contribution. Whilst the initial question was answered in part, I've probed a bit further as I suspected there may be more to this. Your notes are helpful - can you please provide the reference / source of your post so that I may refer to it. Thank you.
  • RE: AirBnB rental income

Hello, thank you for your reply with the option of the Methods you have referred to. More specifically, I wanted to check on the compliance with the criteria attached to the Rent a Room scheme. In effect, it would be "Rent a House" scenario, where the Airbnb guests had full sole occupancy of the main residence, whilst I as the owner would temporarily reside elsewhere and carry on my usual daily routine. Would I still be eligible to claim the Rent a Room allowance if I wanted to adopt the Method B outlined above. Thank you.
  • AirBnB rental income

Over the summer I moved out of my main residence and stayed with a friend close by, which meant I could carry on my usual daily routine of work and school runs etc... I received £9,000 rental income covering a 10 week period through Airbnb. I presume I can claim the annual rent a room relief leaving me with taxable rental income of £1,500 ?