Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Confusions of self assessment for NRLS landlords without authenticated HMRC online account

Hi Admin 32, Thanks for your reply. But I am afraid that the response didn't answer the question. As far as I am concern, most 3rd party software would need a authenticated HMRC online account before use. To do so, we would need to verify our identity with some UK official documents, NI number, resident post code, etc... All these documents would not be available for those non-UK resident. I might be wrong, hence it would be great if someone can actually clear the doubts or give some guide on this matter. Many thanks.
  • RE: Downloading SA100 form

So no reply from the HMRC yet? I have just requested another paper form today, hopefully we could receive it before the deadline. Meanwhile, it would be great if HMRC/other users could clarify the above doubt. It is a bit worrying that the HMRC might blame us for not doing the tax return even though we didn't receive the paper form, AT ALL.
  • Downloading SA100 form

As a non-resident landlord, I requested the SA100 paper form about 2 months ago. The HMRC operator assured that the SA100, SA105 and SA109 forms will be sent out accordingly and expect to receive them in 1-2 month time. However, to date, I haven't received any of the forms, which triggers my concern as the deadline is approaching (31 October 2024). As far as I am concerned, one of the HMRC admin mentioned that we can instead use the SA100 sample form as a template. Is that applicable? If so, which address should I send to? Looking forward to hear from you. Many thanks.
  • Confusions of self assessment for NRLS landlords without authenticated HMRC online account

I am in the progress to file my first self assessment and found that there are some confusions in this matter. Firstly, I am a non-UK resident who neither have a NI number nor UK postcode. What I have got so far is the UTR reference which is on the NRLS approval letter sent by the HMRC. On the letter, it says that we can register ourselves and start using the HMRC online services. In which that, it CONTRADICTS with the information on the HMRC website, which states that: --------------------------------------- You cannot use HMRC’s online services. Instead, you need to: - send your tax return by post - use commercial software - get help from a professional, like an accountant --------------------------------------- I have also tried to create an HMRC online account. What I have got so far is an unauthenticated government ID and password. I have tried to activate the account but it will never get approved due to lack of NI number and a proper UK postcode. As far as I am concerned, there are some landlords which have faced the same issues, and the HMRC admins seem to give the same answer - use the postal form or the 3rd party software to submit the form. My question is, would the unauthenticated HMRC online account actually work with the 3rd party software? I really have a strong doubts on this.... Does anyone has any idea on this matter?