Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Pensioner - Self Assessment verses Self Employment

    I am a pensioner whose sole (taxable) income has been via the state pension for the last 5 years. I am considering doing some work on a regular basis for a charity. They would pay me a regular amount every three months. Can I do this via a self assessment form (using the other earnings box) or would I have to register as 'self-employed'? Is there a limit on the amount that would impact the above?