Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Dividends - self assessment

Hi, I have few questions on dividend, and would appreciate your help. 1. I have a SIP with my employer and the dividend is reinvested (to acquire dividend share) within the scheme. Am I correct that this dividend/dividend share does not need to be included in the self-assessment as it is within the SIP scheme? 2. I also have company shares purchased through the Sharesaver scheme (not SIP) from my employer which pays dividend and is reinvested automatically (to acquire dividend share). My employer is based in London but the company is listed in New York stock exchange and pays dividend in US dollars. Should it be included in Foreign dividends? 3. For the purpose of tax year, should I use dividend “ex dates” or “payment dates”? Thank you
  • Dividends

Hi, I have a SIP scheme with my employer and the dividend is reinvested (to acquire dividend share) within the scheme. Am I correct in thinking that these dividend/dividend share received do not need to be included in the self-assessment as they are within the scheme? Separately, I have company shares purchased through the Sharesaver scheme (not SIP) from my employer which pays dividend and it was automatically reinvested (to acquire dividend share). My employer is based in London but the company is listed in New York stock exchange and therefore pays dividend in US dollars. Should the dividend (dividend share reinvested) received needs to be included in Foreign dividends section? Lastly, for the purpose of tax year, should I use dividend “ex dates” or “payment dates”? Only makes very small difference but would like to understand the correct treatment. Thank you