Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Non-uk resident getting dividend from UK property company

Thanks for the reply. From my understanding, dividend from UK companies paid to Non-uk resident can be treated as 'disregarded income' and therefore not liable to UK income tax. Can you confirm if this is correct? See link below: https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/savings-and-investment-manual/saim1170 I also found a similar post before (link as below), and HMRC Admin 5 posted 3 months ago that "Individuals who are non resident in the UK are not taxable in the UK on UK interest or dividends received. " It does not mention anything about double taxation treaty. Can you explain a bit more about how double taxation treaty works here? https://community.hmrc.gov.uk/customerforums/pt/d0f9057b-3d87-ee11-a81c-000d3a86dfe6#:~:text=Individuals%20who%20are%20non%20resident,is%20known%20as%20disregarded%20income). Thank you.
  • Non-uk resident getting dividend from UK property company

Hi, If a residential property rented out is held under a Limited company (SPV), and the director of the company is non-uk resident. Does the director need to pay UK income tax if getting dividend from the SPV? Thanks.
  • RE: Declaration of Trust for property income

Hi, Thanks for getting back. If the "declaration of trust' transfers 100% of my rental income to the family member, then he can claim 100% of the loan interest relief as well (loan solely under my name and for the sole purpose of purchasing the property)? Thanks
  • Declaration of Trust for property income

Hi, From my understanding I can sign a "declaration of trust' to share my rental income (property under my own name) with my family member (assuming 50-50), and we report our share of income respectively on our tax return. If the mortgage on this property is solely under my name, would the mortgage interest be "shared" 50-50 as well as interest credit, or will this be solely reported in my tax return? Thank you.