Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: C79/PVA in the same month

Thank you, I have a CDS account but just never used PVA before so wanted to check. It's mainly as the customs agent wants to charge 1% fee even though we pay the VAT to them before the import, they still use their own deferment account to pay HMRC so we just wanted to avoid this fee where possible. Thanks
  • C79/PVA in the same month

Hi, I have a query regarding PVA and C79s. Our Customs Agent has used the C79 method for import VAT for a consignment that arrived beginning of August which is fine as we paid them the VAT upfront but has now sent us an invoice for using deferment (previous shipments with them we have used the same method however they never charged for using deferment). I assume they have a deferment account with HMRC. My question is can we switch to using PVA this month for our next consignments arriving before the end of this month? So essentially we would have a consignment using the C79 method and then consignments using the PVA method within the same month. And is there any other catches to PVA, apart from subscribing to the CDS and downloading monthly statements is there anything else we need to do? I believe we shouldn’t be charged for deferment by our agent if we use PVA? thanks