Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Working in KSA

Thank you for response. I am seeking the professional advice from the accountant. I wnated some general guidance as Dublin, Ireland will consider as Offshore or not.

I have been talking to professionals and suggested me to go through RDRM-11150 Guidance and the SRT. I have followed STep 1 to 5. And worked out the number at end of Step 5. I am getting 42. I have excluded all the annual leave from the total hours. Based on 42 will I be considered as Overseas worker for this tax year?

Alos, I looked at the RDRM11150 - I have worked out nos of hours worked abroad and followed the Step 1 to 5. And number I am getting is 42. I have not included Holiday hours and day I have not worked. Will I be eligible for this tax year exemption? I can provide the calculation.

There is a correction in above. If you can guide. Below will be the scenario for me. 1. Currently,I am working with UK employer till 30-June-2024. And with them working on a Project in Dublin, Ireland. I will be working 3 days per week in Dublin up to 30-Jun-24. And I stay 2 nights in Dublin Ireland per week. I am paid in the UK bank account in GBP.And will be paying the tax in the UK till 30-June-2024. 2. With my current project in Dublin, Ireland. - I will spend 33 days working in Dublin, Ireland. 20 Days working from home in London. And I will be going to India for 9 nights and 10 days for a holiday in May. 3. Based on 1 and 2, I will be spending approx. 67 nights in London, UK if I leave on 13th July, 24. 4. from 13th Kuly, 2024 onwards I will be working full time in KSA minimum 45 hours per week. 5. Family will stay in the UK. (Wife and 2 Kids). Based on above scenario can you please let me know if I can be considered as Non-UK Tax resident.As I will be spending less than 90 days in the UK. And worked 20 days in the UK. Also, minimum how many tax years I have to work abroad to qualify for non-UK Tax resident. I appreciate your help.
  • RE: Working in Saudi Arabia

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • Working in KSA

Hi Admin, I have an offer for a role in Saudi Arabia. But I cant start from 15th July and move to Saudi working full time (45 hrs per week) on a project. I will not be working with UK employer during the remaining tax period. I will be working with current employer till end of June. When I move aborad my family (my wife and kids) will stay in the UK. I have below queries. 1. Can split tax year will be applicable to me? 2. If 91 days rule will be applied to me? 3. If Family stays in the UK then can I come and visit them? 4. If I go on holiday between now and Mid-July,this days will be deducted from 91 days rule?# 5. For any reason or family circumstances, I have to come back then do I need to pay full tax?
  • Working in Saudi Arabia

Hi, I have an offer for a role in Saudi Arabaia. If I go to work in Saudi Arabia in Mid-July 2024 for a whole tax year, Do I need to pay Tax on income in Saudi? Also, How many days per tax year I can come to the UK to meet family.