Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Foreign Employer but not registered in PayE

    Dear HMRC, Thank you for replying me. I am looking into SA101 now, as I am not good in this taxing scope, it seems my income from my previous employer should fill the "foreign income not taxable in the UK" on page 2. Please forgive me if my understanding is incorrect and then give me suggestion so that I can fill in the right area.
  • Foreign Employer but not registered in PayE

    I am staying in the UK via BNO visa. I arrived in the UK in 2022, having previously lived in Hong Kong. As my previous employer is a small company that isn't registered for PayE, I continue to provide remote consulting services to them and receive income in Hong Kong. I'm currently working on my self-assessment tax return, but I'm having trouble determining whether to use SA101 or SA106. Could I simply report this income under SA106 in the 'Others' category?