Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • 2k rent from property In Spain

    I am a UK resident, Spanish national, my main income from UK employment. I've got a question on foreign income, I have a property in Spain which I use as second home, I rented it for 4 weeks for €2,000 to cover expenses, the money was never sent back to the UK, and I have already paid 24% tax to the Spanish authorities. The guidance on states: 'Contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if your income from property rental is between £1,000 and £2,500 a year' Which I did, after 70 min on the line and the advisor speaking to supervisors and the technical department, she told me that no tax was due but I will still need to declare the income. As she was explaining how to declare the income I got cut off! I can't go through that again, so my question is: How do I declare this income that is not subject to tax? Is it through the SA106 form? if so, which boxes? I have to fill in a self assessment as I owe tax- do I fill the usual one online and then post the paper form SA106? thanks in advance!