Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Foreign income

    Hi, I am a UK resident and employed in UK. When I left South Africa I left some of my pension invested in South Africa and it has now paid out. The Pension fund accumulated while I was a resident in South Africa. South Africa will therefore tax the pension payment, and it is paid into my South African Bank account. When I transfer that money into my UK bank account, do I have to complete a self assessment and declare it as foreign income and show the tax paid? Thank you