Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• How to get my UTR

Hello, I couldn't locate my UTR on my account and on the app. I've also checked on the website to know if I need to send a tax return, however I don't need to do so. In this instance, is there anyway I can apply for a UTR? Thank you
  • Required information to import plants from Indonesia to the UK

Good afternoon. I am an individual who is a plant hobbyist, not doing any business, selling or reselling activity. I am planning on buying some live houseplant (foliage plant) with foliage and roots from an Indonesia seller, those will be Anthurium, Philodendron, Alocasia, and Begonia; and am aware that there'd be some required paperwork I should provide if it comes to plant import. I am unable to locate my UTR to apply for a EORI number. Then I got a response from HMRC confirming that: "If the goods you are buying are for personal use, you do not require an EORI number but instead can use 'GBPR' to declare yourself as an individual." I just have my national insurance number, not being VAT registered. In this instance, may I double check if there's a page for me to register to declare GBPR? Is there a page for individual (non-business) to provide any details for HMRC/Custom to inspect the plants? Does individual need to apply for IPAFFS then? I have not actioned to buy anything at the moment. I would appreciate any input and advice beforehand. Thank you very much!