Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Confused about mileage refund

I put in a claim for mileage for 22/23 (£1700) and 23/24(£1900) based on 45p per mile recently and got a cheque for £579 as they seem to do the calculations based on deducting these amounts on what I earned that year and recalculating tax amounts? Given i had paid the correct amount of tax prior to this claim according to HMRC - should I not be getting 45p on the mile back as I would if I could claim through employer? The 579 includes refund for £6 a week WFH so this would mean I got nothing back for my mileage? If
  • Regular home to office mileage on wfh contract

Hi, I am based at home as per my contract and work 3.5-4 days a week. One day a week I go into the office for a 2 hour meeting and on occasion have gone twice a week. Can I claim mileage for these meetings or does it count as a second work place as the same location each time? I am there a maximum of 11% of my working week if that.
  • RE: Home to office mileage

Hi, I am based at home as per my contract and work 3.5-4 days a week. One day a week I go into the office for a 2 hour meeting and on occasion have gone twice a week. Can I claim mileage for these meetings or does it count as a second work place as the same location each time? I am there a maximum of 11% of my working week if that.