Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Payments on Accounts - Confused.com

Hi, I'm just trying to work out how these payments on account actually work, I understand they are advance payments towards your tax bill. Example Total amount due for 2021-22 £2,053.00 Total payments made £3,803.64 (including payments on account) Credit £1,750.64 In my mind, I have over paid by £1,750.64 which will go towards next years tax bill. Total amount due for 2022-23 £4,405.32 Total payments made £5,805.24 (including payments on account) Credit £1,399.92 In my mind, I have over paid by £1,399.92 which will go towards next years tax bill. Should I not have a credit of £3,150.56 somewhere, as this figure is what's been paid over what the tax requirement was? It would be so much easier if they just said you owe X amount and then you would just pay that amount each year. Any help would be great.
  • Gross Weekly Income

Hi, Is there anyway to view my 'Gross Weekly Income' figure via the HRMC. Each year the CMS receive this figure from the HRMC and I need to understand if my employer pension is being removed off this amount before this figure is given to the CMS. Thanks