Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Foreign Company with Sole Director in UK

I am the sole director of a Hong Kong company. I have created a DPNI scheme and a business tax account. Can you please let me know if I am doing correctly - I am paying myself the net salary in Sterling from my own company My DPNI scheme is linked to my business tax account. I pay income tax and employee NIC every month via my business tax account Can you please also advise how to declare my income on my personal tax account? Thank you.
  • RE: Personal Insurance Dividends

Thanks for your reply. I am the beneficiary of the private insurance plans in Hong Kong for my family members. If I receive the death benefit from the insurance company, do I need to report to HMRC and is the death benefit taxable?
  • Personal Insurance Dividends

I have some personal insurance plans in Hong Kong. I am a tax resident in the UK. Do I need to report to HMRC if I cash out the dividends? Thank you.
  • Medical Expenses

I am working remotely in the UK for a company in Hong Kong and earning foreign income in the UK. I have private medical and hospitalisation insurance plan in Hong Kong and I am still paying the monthly premium. My company will reimburse me for the actual amount of the premium I pay every month. The reimbursement is paid in Hong Kong dollars into my Hong Kong account. May I know if the reimbursement is taxable and needs to report to HMRC together with my monthly salary? Thank you.

I am the sole director of a company in Hong Kong. My company has no business and address in the UK. Am I considered as self-employed or full-time employee in the UK if I continue to work for the company remotely here and receive a monthly salary? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. Can you please advise how to set up a DPNI scheme myself?

To clarify, I am the sole director of a limited company in Hong Kong.
  • Foreign Company with Sole Director in UK

I am the sole director of a company in Hong Kong. My company has no business and address in the UK. I have been in the UK with BNO Visa for 3 months. My company continues to run business in Hong Kong and I will receive a monthly salary from the company, I have no other jobs in the UK. I have already got my National Insurance Number. May I know which tax systems apply to my company and myself? Am I considered as self-employed in the UK? Should I consider DPNI Scheme or self assessment for tax and insurance? Does my company in Hong Kong need to report or pay tax in the UK? Thank you.