Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Cash gift to UK bank account from overseas parents

    Hi HMRC, I am currently living and working in England under a BNO 5+1 visa, and am a tax payer in the UK. My parents, who are permanent residents of Hong Kong and reside there, want to transfer GBP60,000 cash from Hong Kong to my UK bank account as a gift. I would like to ask whether this amount of money and the transfer itself are taxable in the UK? I’ve heard that there will be a change in tax policy. Will this case be affected in the near future according to the new policy? Look forward to your reply. Many thanks, Agnes