Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• First time buyer Stamp Duty tax relief enquiry

Hi, I'm going to purchase a property and to apply for the relief for first time buy since I haven't owned property anywhere in the world before. So, I would like to clarify whether I'm able to eligible to be an UK resident under the following conditions. I came to UK for staying on 13th Mar 2024, so I will be eligible to be an UK resident on 13th Sep 2024 or 06th Oct 2024? Also, becoming an UK resident, whether the staying requirement of 183 days must be kept continuously? Or as long as the staying is enough 183 days within 12 months will be fine? Thanks!
  • Do I need to submit self assessment even though I didn't have any income?

Hello, I arrived UK in 25 July 2021 by BNO Visa. In the first tax year 2021/2022 until now, I didn't have any income since I am a house wife. So I checked through the Self Assessment page and answered all questions with result was not required to submit the self assessment tax return. However, recently I received some information from social media said even though you don't have any income, you still need to submit self assessment. So I am very confuse now. What should I do? Please advise next step. Thanks
  • Do I need to submit self assessment?

Hello, I arrived in UK since 25 July 2021 by BNO Visa. In the first tax year 2021/2022 until now, I am a house wife, so I didn't have any income. By checking with Self Assessment page, it told me no self assessment tax return was necessary. However, I received some information other than this forum saying that even through I didn't have any income in that tax period, I also need to submit the self assessment. So I am very confuse now. What should I do? Please advise next step. Thanks