Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Self-assessment application rejected

Hi all. I have missed the submission deadline for 2022-2023 year's self assessment. I never registered a self assessment account, and I tried to apply for one last month via this link: https://www.gov.uk/register-for-self-assessment/y/for-another-reason-for-example-you-have-income-from-a-pension-or-a-property/no-i-m-registering-for-the-first-time. However, it's rejected: "We could not process your application because your personal details do not match our records." I suspect it's because of the address which I changed in January, so I submitted the application again today. I'm quite worried about the late submission of the application, which is gonna take one month until I know if it's successful... And I'm not even sure the address is the problem I can't register. Is there any way I can get some help from this situation? I had quite a complicated situation for my tax, as I am a new immigrant. I earned overseas earning (which I want to report via self assessment), before I got employed locally and paid tax via the company. So a personal tax account is set up by that company before I did for the self assessment, and it also said I already paid the right amount of tax in year 2022-23, but that's not true as I didn't report the self assessment part. There's no such option under my personal tax account too. It's quite confusing to me and I'm not sure if it made the application failed? Thank you very much for any help given.